Tuesday, October 14, 2008

What did you say?

Just to let everyone know Halle is starting to create her own little vocabulary. Darrin told me last night that (of course) while I was gone he swore that Halle said the word "ya ya". Yes Liz, I think she might have said your sisters name first! Anyway, I shrugged it off as just jibber jabber, but again this morning while I was getting ready for work, I heard it for myself. Ya Ya it was. So me being me I took the time out of my early morning routine and stood in front of her saying MA MA. She looked at me like I was crazy and continued her baby talk. A few minutes later I could have sworn she tried to say DA, but I thought no way. I know they say that babies DO say their D's first, but if I have to practice every minute of the day I have with her I am going to try my hardest to try the MA MA thing as much as possible just because I don't want Darrin's head to pop off with excitement and the "big head" syndrome. Anyway, I just thought I would share the fact that Halle is calling someone else's name before mine or her daddies. Thanks Lauren. Ha Ha.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

TOO FUNNY!! i'll have to tell lauren! she'll be thrilled:)

Anonymous said...

You know, Ya Ya is a term for grandmother in Greek. Maybe she's calling MiMi!