Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I forgot to tell about our wonderful story!!

I know I have already posted once today, but I have been thinking for the last couple of days that when I started our blog that I never really told about our family. We have the neatest little story I think.
Anyway, it all started with my sister Dana who is four years older than I am. She found out she was pregnant with her second child. A week later I found out I was pregnant with Halle. Well I somewhat make this as short as it can be. Dana found out that her due date was April 22, 2008. Two weeks later I found out that my due date was April 22, 2008, but didn't know that Dana's was the same until I called her to give her the news. Well from then on out we both were so excited knowing that we could possibly have our babies on the same day. Dana also found out that she was having a girl then I found out I was having a girl. When Dana was about six months pregnant she found out through an ultrasound that the baby had something wrong. They made a doctors appointment with a doctor at UAB and several other doctors to finally find out that baby Rhae would be born with Osteogenisis Imperfecta. Also known as the Brittle Bone Disease. Life was very tough there for several months not knowing the outcome. We prayed every single day, many times a day along with so many other people in our community and who knew us. Dana and her husband found out later in the pregnancy that Rhae had broken bones in utero which is not a good thing. After finding out that Dana would deliver Rhae in Birmingham at Princeton, I have my doctor agree to induce me two weeks earlier so that I could be in Birmingham with Dana when she delivered especially since we did not know what the outcome would be. So, I was scheduled for April 8, 2008 at 6:00 a.m. Well I went into the hospitial the day before a little early due to some bleeding. So the next morning at 6:30 a.m. I had my medication to start the induction and the day flew by. Halle was born at 5:16 or 5:17 p.m. depending on who you are talking to. I had decided to breastfeed and was having a little problem with getting Halle to eat, so my sister who is also a nurse and once was a labor and delivery nurse stayed a lot long that night than she should having seeing as how she was almost eight months pregnant and had pretty much been on her feet all day. Well, finally that night at about 11p.m. I talked her into going home. The next morning there she was again, right back at the hospital. Me being her little sis and all, she wanted to make sure I was doing everything up to code. We still could not get Halle to breastfeed and Dana had helped me all day. Again that night, we kept telling her to go home. Finally, at about 7p.m. we talked her into going home. We had just gotten Halle to finally latch on and eat when Dana said she was going to step into the restroom and she would clip Halle finger nails when she got out and go home. Well, when she came out of the restroom she told Darrin and I that she thought her water just broke. Usually that is a good thing, but seeing as how she was two weeks early and TWO hours away from the hospital that she NEEDED to deliver in was not. Dana went down to labor and delivery and let them check her to only find out she was eight centimeter dialated. Not good either. So, while I had Halle on one boob and Darrin gone to check on Dana and make sure everything was okay, I was on the phone trying to call Dana's husband, who was nowhere to be found, my dad and stepmom and my mom. Whom I could not reach any of. Well the panic set in at the point and Halle, bless her heart, was screaming. After, the doctors nurses and finally all the other family members showed up, they decided they should transfer Dana by ambulance to Birmingham. Some of our WONDERFUL friends who are husband and wife and also both nurses, rode with Dana in the ambulance with all of the family trailing behind. Dana reached the Princeton at around 10:00p.m. and had baby Rhae around 10:30p.m. Needless to say it was a long day and night for all of us. Dana called me that night after having her and we both cried and talked all about our babies that BOTH were wonderful. Rhae has come along way. I am attaching her blog site as well so that anyone who would like to can keep up with our little miracle baby. So, our babies who were suppose to be due on April 22, 2008, which is their Nana's birthday were instead born one day apart. April 8, 2008 and April 9, 2008. We love to tell our wonderful story so I thought I would tell it to the rest of you who do not personally know us. If you read Rhae's page, it is actually much better than mine but just a little heads up, get out your tissues.

martharhae.tripod.com

I hope you all enjoyed our story.

No comments: