Friday, November 7, 2008

Please Help By Passing Along to Friends

Just wanted to pass this on because you never know who it might reach. Lisa Story has been in the adoption process for about 2 years now, and this is heartbreaking. If any of you know someone who might be looking to adopt a special needs child, please pass this along. Like Lisa said, when God closes a door, he opens a window. This is the only way I know to help.

Love,
Dana

Anicee: adoption update and plea
Posted by: "ellekayes" http://us.mc363.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=ellekayes@yahoo.com&Subject=ellekayes
Thu Nov 6, 2008 11:11 am (PST)

Hi all,In the last month I've come up against the hard reality that my financial situation disqualifies me from adopting Anicee. I've known this was a possibility, even a probability, but had been optimistic (perhaps naively so) about figuring out a way to work around it. I'm self-employed, and with three years of financials required, including two during which I took extensive time off to do volunteer work, my net income just doesn't satisfy the requirements, especially for a child with long-term special needs. And the options I've explored for additional financial assistance now seem to have been exhausted, fruitlessly.Needless to say, it's heartbreaking to come to this place, and yet I also have to acknowledge that I've been very concerned about how I would manage to navigate single parenting, traveling for medical care, and somehow still working enough to provide for us. Sometimes prayers are answered in unexpected ways, and my primary prayer for Anicee, long before I thought of adopting, has always been for a loving home and family. So I'm trying to trust that, as the saying goes, if the Lord closes a door, He opens a window somewhere; and am hoping that if she's not meant for me, I can at least help her find the family that I know must be out there waiting for her. I can't post her information on the OIF site because of the orphanage's privacy rules, but I know this group reaches many in the OI community, and I hope you'll help me spread word that she needs a loving family in a forever home. If anyone reading this is thinking of adopting, please, consider whether my beautiful, bright, bubbly girl might be your daughter. For those of you who don't know about Anicee, she's five years old and probably has Type III/IV, moderate/severe OI. She lives at a children's home in Belize where she's well cared for and loved but will soon outgrow the facility (which was designed for children ages 0-5), and I can tell potential adoptive families much, much more about her personality, medical and family background, circumstances since birth, culture, education--almost anything about her, really--as well as everything I've learned about the Belize adoption process. I also have contact info for the orphanage director, Anicee's social worker, the woman in charge of adoptions at the Belize department of family services, and a solicitor in Belize for the court process there. There are pictures of her on the OI Family site (the album is named Anicee) and I have several more I can email as well. If you know of someone who's thinking of adopting but isn't on the list, please pass along my contact info. And please let me know, too, if you have any ideas about other ways to connect with potential adoptive families without breaking privacy rules (i.e., no information can be made publicly available).Thank you, mama lions. It's truly a privilege to have encountered you in this journey, and the strength you demonstrate every day gives me strength also. Please pray for my precious girl to find the right home.with sadness and hope, and always with love,Lisa

my contact info:
Lisa Storytel. 806-252-7724
http://us.mc363.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=ellekayes%40yahoo.com

No comments: