Thursday, November 27, 2008

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

Have you ever wondered why is it that Thanksgiving just gets thrown to the side? This year in particular I have noticed all around me that department stores and people as well were decorating for Christmas before Thanksgiving arrived. One in particular is the radio station out of Birmingham that I love Magic 96.5 has been playing Chrstimas music since Halloween. Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas, but I just feel that we are all going to be tired of it before it gets here. I think that we as a country do not stop to think about what Thanksgiving is all about anymore so I wanted to share mine.

This year I have so much to be thankful for. I am so thankful to have a wonderful, healthy baby girl who loves me as much as I love her. I am thankful for my wonderful husband who I know loves me unconditionally and for my wonderful family who is always there for me no matter what. I am thankful for my beautiful, healthy niece who is alive today and doing great. Because of her I have witnessed a miracle this year. I am so thankful for my awesome sister that has all the answers to my silly questions. With me being a first time mom and her being a nurse, I always call her for answers and she never seems to be bothered by my calling. I am thankful for each and every family member that I have for so many different reasons. I have one of the best families in the world. I am also thankful for the great work family that I have. They are so good to me and they to are always their for me. We all love, laugh and cry together. And I am thankful for my wonderful friends. Liz, for pushing me to aerobics and walking, Amanda, for talking on the phone all the time, Mandy for just being Mandy, Andi, for making me laugh and our long friendship.

I am sure that I am leaving something out, but it has gotten past my bedtime and my brain is a little tired. Thank you to all of those who are in my life. I hope that we will all have many more Thanksgivings together.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

awww soo sweet! I'm thankful for you too:)

Dana said...

You're pretty awesome too, little sis. I love you!