Wednesday, March 18, 2009

What a Week!!

Okay, so I know that it is ONLY Wednesday, but Halle has been fighting a fever since Friday! I was called from daycare and thank goodness Darrin was already home from work and could go and get her. So we dealt with the fever all weekend and I took her to her ped doctor Monday morning. They gave her some antibiotics and off we went. My step-mom, Jennifer kept Halle when we got home so I could go to work. Thank you Nana, we love you so much. Well, when Darrin got home that afternoon Halle was just waking up from a nap and he said she felt really hot so he took her temp and to our surprise it was 104.5 and that is with adding the degree. We both panicked and I immediately called my wonderful nurse sister and she went and got a flu swab to give Halle. It was negative so we were relieved. We got her fever back down and she ate a little that night and I put her to bed around 6:30p.m. She woke up screaming at around 7:30p.m. and was almost just limp. I again called my sister and asked her what to do. We then gave Halle another dose of Tylenol and a double dose of Motrin. That was the first for the Motrin since she is having tubes put in. The ENT asked us not to give her Motrin because of something in it and her having surgery. Anyway, my sister explained to me that she was at the point that if her fever got any higher she could start having feverable(sp) seizures and explained what to do if she started having one. Well, I think that scared Darrin and I both, so we decided to take her on to the ER. That was a waste. We got there at 9:00p.m. on the nose and got back home at 11:00p.m. Once we got her there and they called us back to take her temp the Motrin had apparently kicked in because her temp was only 97.4. Boy did we get weird looks. So we wanted to see the ER doctor who did nothing but talk to us and tell us to continue to do what we were already doing!! Since then we have been swapping up staying at home with her and hope that she is at the end of the sick road. Today is obviously my day because I am writing a book. I just put Halle down for a nap and I am loving the peace and quite. So please pray that Halle is on the end of the sick road and will feel better soon.

1 comment:

Dana said...

I hope this is the end of the road for Halle's sickness too! Bless her heart! I also hope the tubes will help too :)