Sunday, May 3, 2009

Huge Prayer Request

I normally don't do this, but have come to realize the more people there is praying for one person the better. This morning after getting home from Church I got a call from my mother saying that my 101 year old great-grandmother was being taken to the hospital by ambulance due to hemorrhaging. I know that she has lived a very long life and has seen and done more than any of us every will, but I pray that she will be comfortable and God's will, will be done whatever it may be. Please keep our family in your prayers.

My mother is thankfully in town (from Texas). She, my sister and baby Rhae will be leaving Tuesday flying out to Omaha, Nebraska to take Rhae to the OI clinic. Please pray that they will have a safe trip there and back and that Rhae will get good reports.

My aunt Kaye had another back surgery this past Monday and is recovering from that. She is in pain and can move around a little, but still needs all the prayers that she can.

I have said all of this to say as we speak our family is trying to make several different decisions on who will go with my grandmother to Evergreen where my great-grandmother lives in a nursing home. Someone will have to stay here with my grandfather who has dementia because he can no longer take care of himself. They will be taking him tomorrow to the nursing home to stay until my grandmother can get back. So, with my mother flying out on Tuesday, my uncle needing to be here with is wife whom just had back surgery and someone needing to stay with my grandfather and someone needing to drive my grandmother. Whoa. I hope that all made sense because my brain is on overload. Anyway, just please keep our family in your prayers that everyone gets to where they need to go and be safely.

One last prayer request. My dad was scheduled to have a small surgery this past Monday himself and due to a problem with the blood work was unable to have it. He is scheduled to have it in three weeks. Please pray that he will be able to have the surgery and that everything will go as planned.

I hope you all have a great week and hope to be posting wonderful things soon.

No comments: